In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Musiccuerda de sol feminine
- There's nothing wrong with being sexy, but I draw the line at body parts hanging out, G-strings showing, or too much cleavage.
- Stripping in the new burlesque goes only as far as pasties and G-strings, not so much in the interests of taste as in the interests of irony.
- And anyway, weren't thongs and G-strings supposed to be the breakthrough in consigning the dreaded panty line to history?
- Stripping in New York is no longer only about stuffing G-strings with US $1 bills in sleazy clubs but handing over US $3,000 tips to women who shed their gleaming evening gowns for a lap dance in lavish cabarets.
- The wispy G-strings, revealing bras and lacy garter-belts went on sale Saturday.
- I wanted to open the debate on whether or not girls think guys who wear G-string underwear are sexy or not.
- Strangely, the garments are designed as a one-size-fits-all G-string and sold in packs of three.
- She had stripped down to just the G-string, but her long hair teasingly concealed her breasts.
- Her attire embodies minimalism to the fullest, namely minimal G-strings, minimal halter-tops and minimal skirts that accentuate said G-string.
- When you wear a tight skirt, wear a G-string to avoid ‘panty-line’.
- But I could see that all she was wearing was a cowboy hat, a bikini top and a G-string.
- This is then applied to the pre-shaved pubic area with spirit gum; alternatively the wig can be attached to a transparent G-string.
- Rows of tanned muscles, tight speedos, topless girls and G-strings adorned the towels.
- I see G-strings everywhere - hanging out of girl's pants, in shop windows, in films.
- The G-strings and plunging necklines - I'll never let my daughter shop alone.
- Some spider thongs, suspender G-strings, and skimpy tops come with the warning ‘these aren't for everyone.’
- The excesses and flamboyance of Rio de Janeiro's Carnivale are six months away, sufficient time for intending visitors to perfect their samba and put the finishing touches to their beaded G-strings and feather headpieces.
- In New York, men in button-down shirts outnumbered men in G-strings in a parade some said was less flamboyant - but still politically relevant.
- It is already allowed to host strip shows provided the performers wear ‘at least a G-string which shall not be removed as part of the performance’.
- A similar range of underwear, including a G-string and padded bras, was removed from the catalogue.
2Clothingtanga femininesunga feminine River Plate
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.