In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(festival)fiesta femininebefore noun gala performance — función de gala feminine
- The Great Northern Brass Arts Festival, which is in its fifth year, began with a five-hour concert, followed by an evening gala performance in front of a capacity audience.
- This will follow a gala performance in London with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall in May.
- Pupils staged a gala performance of dance, poems, songs and gymnastics in her honour.
- The highlight will be the presidential address this Tuesday evening while the social highlight will be the gala dinner which is also planned for this Tuesday night.
- The pressure was on a year in advance to come up with stellar costuming worthy of the star-studded gala performance at Wortham Theater Center.
- This price includes a buffet breakfast, the use the hotel's conference facilities, lunch, a gala dinner and a floor show.
- In return patrons receive two complimentary tickets for the gala performance on February 4 and are invited to the pre-gala reception.
- She once famously shook hands with Dracula when she attended a gala performance by the company at Leeds Grand Theatre.
- Spirits, wide awake and alert, were quite certain it was a gala occasion.
- The exhibit's grand finale was a gala auction of the winning doghouses that raised money for the SPCA and the museum.
- A young virtuoso pianist from Sligo was the star of a gala concert performance held in Dublin on December 11.
- She was presented with her award at a gala dinner and gathering in the Burlington Hotel last week.
- The students have previously performed in regional concerts in their own provinces and were then chosen by RIAM senior examiners to perform at the special gala.
- The two stars, who will be special guests at the gala, will perform individually and in tandem.
- The ceremony began with the award gala dinner and was a huge international occasion.
- So anyway, we had been planning to bring out this troupe of long-legged dancers from Vegas for the entertainment at the gala anniversary party.
- Over €16m was raised from the charity auction at the gala dinner, which was attended by over 1,200 people.
- Each teacher choreographed a short work for the gala performance.
- The height of the festival was the gala performance, which kept the audience's attention for the full four and one-half hours.
- He'll also join other centenary celebrations including a gala dinner on November 23.
Britishfestival de natación masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.