In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We realized that our Galaxy was just one of many billions of galaxies in the universe.
- That is, we can discover things about the stars and galaxies involved from the way in which the Moon cuts off their light.
- There are reckoned to be about 400 billion stars in our galaxy, the Milky Way.
- On another note, this story takes place now, just in a different part of the galaxy.
- Near the geographic center of the galaxy was a binary star system called Theralia.
- The clusters smashed together thousands of galaxies and trillions of stars.
- Section IV takes us off the land and into comets, galaxies and constellations of stars.
- Just as stars are the building blocks of galaxies, galaxies are the building blocks of the universe.
- Stars and planets, galaxies and nebulas unveil themselves close to the eyes of the visitors.
- There really is a big mountain out there on some planet in some solar system in some galaxy.
- Supermassive black holes are found in the centers of galaxies that contain billions of stars.
- Some massive clusters of galaxies are similarly held together against the cosmic flow.
- In the Nature we observe, the Universe is filled with dust and gas in addition to stars, planets and galaxies.
- New planetary star systems and galaxies are being discovered almost daily.
- With even greater, if not absolute certainty, we know that man can never be in a position to detect life in other solar systems of galaxies.
- There are a hundred billion stars in our galaxy alone and there are billions of other galaxies.
- This clumping in turn produced the galaxies and clusters of galaxies we see today.
- Eventually, these protogalactic fragments merged and galaxies and quasars formed.
- You can conquer the galaxy with your best friends in a single evening.
- He was thinking only of the chance of individual stars within our own galaxy, the Milky Way, acting this way.
- And he needs to be president of the Galaxy to do it.
- Or it may expand so fast that gravity could never pull galaxies together again.
- The rishis tell us of the galactic center of the universe, which feeds energy to all the galaxies and solar systems of the universe.
- Conquering the galaxy involves dealing with a couple hundred billion stars at least.
- But of course it has structures in it, stars and galaxies and clusters of galaxies.
2(of celebrities)constelación femininepléyade feminine
- RSS-fortified radio on mobile phones opens a whole galaxy of possibilities.
- Archeologists unearthed a galaxy of merry swastikas when they excavated Troy.
- We don't have the galaxy of players we had when we had Woosnam and Lyle, Faldo and Ballesteros.
- To create his galaxy of impressions, Baxter watched television avidly, even backstage between stage shows.
- Kalpana Chawla, her name now enshrined in the galaxy of super achievers, was a rare bird indeed.
- Auden was the next writer to sign on, bringing in his wake a galaxy of homeless talents.
- The official website is now a positive galaxy of useful stuff.
- Major cash problems for Australian clubs means a galaxy of internationals will want to play in Britain next season.
- A whole galaxy of cool, disco artists are banding together for a fun show to remember.
- I would like to say that he was an emperor amongst the present galaxy of saints.
- Greetings from a convention of those who admire the galaxy of nameless icons!
- Wales were savaged by the absence of a galaxy of their players.
- There were other great athletes in those days as well, in fact a galaxy of them.
- In the galaxy of first-class hams, this one most definitely deserves its spot.
- Music fans flocked to hear a galaxy of international stars at a festival of global music and dance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.