- This has a strong gamey, almost liverlike flavour, which I love.
- All this combines to produce a mutton with a unique flavour which is stronger and faintly gamey compared with lowland mutton.
- It is slightly gamey, full of flavour and much tastier than the haddock I usually have.
- It does taste a little stronger than the farmed variety, which is very similar to chicken, but it is not as gamey and strong as hare.
- The first element we sampled was an incredibly tender lamb chop, cooked so that the very real, slightly gamy flavour of the meat came through.
- It had the sort of sweetness and paste-like mouth-feel of processed pate, and totally lacked the gamey depth of flavour that one expects from pheasant.
- I was relieved that they'd run out of the intriguing-sounding tenderloin of venison in a sauce of juniper berries, gin and cream, because gamey meat was too reminiscent of the animals circling the track below us.
- One of the best ways to cook grouse to appreciate its fresh gamey flavour is to remove the breasts and pan-fry them.
- The flavour is pleasantly strong and gamey, robust enough to stand up against some powerful sauces, thus the black peppercorns in this one.
- The venison fillets were properly gamy without being tough, and rolled on the outside with a tasteful dusting of black-trumpet mushrooms.
- The juices of the braised blade of beef were almost black with deepness and the meat was strong and gamey.
- As with Fiona's beautifully pink lamb, my deeply gamey venison was cooked exactly the way I had asked.
- When you buy them, don't be put off by the gamey smell and their dark appearance - the meat is naturally dark and they have a strong smell, but it should not make you recoil in disgust.
- A leg of the rabbit was one of the trio - this had the strongest gamey flavour.
- But we've found that if badger is really fresh and is soaked in milk then it's nowhere near as gamey and strong.
- Also occupying the plate were little pearl onions, which were great, though they had a pungent, gamey flavour to them.
- The fatty, gamy meat balances the sweetness of the sauce, and the entire dish is a guilty pleasure.
- Free-range pork is gamey, sweet, tender with just a hint of kidney flavour.
- The lightly gamey white meat gave way to deeper flavours when you chewed the bone, and the winter theme continued with a sprinkling of cabbage and the mushroomy pasta.
- They knew, the cooks of those days, that venison was a rich and gamey meat which needed tempering.
- Slowly the gamy past of a girl from a Dutch village becomes clear, a past amid the Amsterdam docks, where Dutch Puritanism is overwhelmed by the very smells of the spices being unloaded from ships that have come from the Indies.