In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The new regulation expands that prohibition to include dorsal root ganglia, clusters of nerve cells connected to the spinal cord along the vertebrae column.
- In the first form (restlessness and dysphagia), the lesions tend to concentrate in the brain stem and the cranial nerve ganglia.
- The two major plexuses consist of ganglia, clusters of nerve cell bodies disposed at more or less regular intervals over the surface of the cylinder.
- This nerve carries the otic ganglion, which is derived from glossopharyngeal neurons.
- Herpes zoster is caused by reactivation of varicella-zoster virus from a dorsal root ganglion to a cutaneous nerve and the adjacent skin.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.