In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Rarely, fulminant ischaemic colitis occurs with gangrene or perforation and needs urgent surgical exploration.
- Feces, urine, or blood can easily contaminate the wound and infection can range from a superficial infection to septicemia and gangrene of vulvar tissue.
- The presence of deep infection with abscess, cellulitis, gangrene, or osteomyelitis is an indication for hospitalization and prompt surgical drainage.
- Patients with deep abscess, extensive bone or joint involvement, crepitus, substantial necrosis or gangrene, or necrotizing fasciitis may be candidates for surgery.
- Vasopressin should be infused through a central catheter because peripheral extravasation could cause tissue necrosis and gangrene.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.