In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1US slang→ gangster
- When gangsta rap took over in the early '90s, hip-hop's surrealist streak didn't die: it just moved to Britain.
- They pushed their own style of gangsta rap into the mainstream, crossing boundaries to introduce white suburban America to unfamiliar subjects.
- Technology has nothing do with the emergence of the explicit lyrics of gangsta rap.
- A decade later, gangsta rap originated in Compton, California.
- His lyrics are lightweight gangsta rap, telling of the woes of shooting up and living on amphetamines.
- He writes about two of the fastest growing musical genres - alternative music and gangsta rap.
- There are at least two distinct perspectives on ‘being a lady’ in gangsta rap.
- Black commentators offer the most intensive critiques of gangsta rap.
- Though the commentary on each genre is apt and long awaited, his musical poetics crystallize best in his attention to gangsta rap.
- Although it is unusual for country music to be criticised in the same breath as gangsta rap and heavy metal, the researchers found that any violent lyrics can trigger aggression.
- Today, instead of fantasy literature, wimpy geeks are totally into gangsta rap, and there is no place in gangsta rap for swords.
- Just as gangsta rap in the US was closely associated with LA gang culture, Rio funk consolidated itself as the soundtrack of organised crime.
- He seems to believe that the answer to school violence is not stopping gun sales but censoring television and gangsta rap lyrics.
- Gangsta rap is differentiable from other rap music in that gangsta rap makes use of images of urban life that are often associated with crime.
- While European rap artists may listen to U.S. gangsta rap, their own lyrics are expected to represent their own social environment.
- His entry into in the music business is a perfect example of how gangsta rap packages real violence as entertainment.
- The problems with society are increasing seen as cultural ones, which music such as gangsta rap not only reflects, but creates.
- From this we can infer that the transgressed boundary in line 1 is indeed that of hip-hop music generally, and probably gangsta rap specifically.
- Though hip-hop started out in New York and developed its most popular offshoot, gangsta rap, in the Wild West, most post-millennial innovations are occurring down south.
- While the history of gangsta rap music is fairly short, there is a good deal of discourse circulating in popular culture about the treatment of women by men within this genre.
2Musicgangsta rap — gansta rap masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.