In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Researchers suggest that the manner in which ganja is smoked - namely deeply inhaled and held in the lungs for a greater duration than a typical cigarette smoker causes more damage to the lungs.
- The stewards don't mind; they are in the galley enjoying a good toke on the top-notch ganja they scored in Japan.
- In a March 2003 interview, he did not say exactly when a bill will reach Parliament, but stressed that decriminalizing marijuana - called ganja in Jamaica - will be within a limited scope.
- The attention of insurgents and criminals is diverted to listening to the latest sounds out of Kingston and smoking copious amounts of ganja.
- Accordingly, the very first report relevant to local marijuana use preceded ganja's widespread local availability by several years.
- Thirteen percent claimed that ganja had medical uses and 3% that it was a source of cash revenue.
- Again, most of these men ceased their involvement with ganja by the early 1980s because of accelerated police interdiction efforts.
- Marijuana - called ganja by islanders - is widely used in Jamaica, and is held by members of the Rastafarian faith to be a holy sacrament.
- I am not criminal, I do not pose a threat to the nation and I resent being treated like I am because I like to smoke ganja.
- I ended up trying to develop a sort of Zen chess, with the aid of lots of ganja.
- Many people are scared to try ganja as it is illegal.
- There are many names used on the street for this drug namely draw, marijuana, blow, weed, wacky backy, puff, hash, ganja, spliff.
- Depicting that drugs lead to self-destruction, the poster warned that prolonged use of brown sugar, morphine, pathedine, charas, ganja and heroin led to mental and physical depression.
- In truth his indecipherability had more to do with his heavy dialect and the prodigious amounts of ganja that he smoked!
- The Thudialur police limits abutting the neighbouring Kerala border was always a headache for Coimbatore Rural Police in preventing the inflow of illicitly distilled arrack and contraband like ganja and other narcotic substances.
- Their spokesman said, ‘When I saw the documentary, it seemed as though Hinduism was all about smoking ganja.’
- It seems to me that some people just cannot handle ganja, especially if they are heavy users.
- Apart from alcohol, the sexagenarian also used to take ganja and other narcotic substances.
- In my travels on the streets of city Kingston earlier, what I came across in three different places, was young men smoking ganja quite openly.
- I guess you must be wondering what kind of Jamaican fraud I am if I don't smoke ganja.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.