In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recepción al aire libre feminine
- The event starts on Monday with a garden party which will see free guided-walks around the historic house and gardens.
- The couple, who are retired florists and market gardeners, use the greenhouse to grow plants for an annual garden party to raise money for a donkey sanctuary in Devon.
- Colonies of feral cats are being cared for thanks to events like a Benfleet garden party tomorrow.
- The garden party was one of three themed events chosen by the Queen to be part of her Golden Jubilee celebrations.
- She will also host a garden party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse to celebrate the opening.
- At the close of the 75-minute service, the prince donned his sunglasses and walked with his sisters to the nearby palace for a garden party.
- A mystery nominee put the charity fundraising group forward for the garden party, but only two tickets were available.
- I was amazed to discover what a long history a royal garden party at Buckingham Palace enjoys: one somehow imagines them as symbolic of our current monarchy.
- Sometimes there are engagements in the afternoon when the Queen travels to a nearby event or, in summer, hosts a garden party in the Palace grounds.
- The family decided Borovets was the most suitable place for a garden party in the event of good weather as well as for the 400 guest indoor reception.
- The royal couple later hosted a garden party with 2,000 guests at Museum Gardens.
- On July 9 some 70 members attended the summer garden party.
- The garden party was a unique event with delightful cuisine, a rare plant sale for gardening enthusiasts and an art auction.
- He is a lavatory attendant in 1950s Manhattan who borrows a Princeton jacket to play piano at a garden party.
- The garden party was the main family attraction of the two-week spree with around 1,000 visitors coming and going throughout the day.
- When I think of yellow I always think of a pretty garden party.
- The garden party, which last year raised over £22,000 for hospice funds, will once again feature a packed programme of activities.
- In August we had a garden party in a members house which proved very successful and the money raised boosted our funds.
- The royal garden party at Buckingham Palace is on July 14.
- Vague plans are being drawn up for a garden party at the Craigmillar Festivals Society, but this is mostly for the ‘older folk’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.