In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pan con mantequilla y ajo masculine
- For a start we were served with arguably the best garlic bread we have tasted in years.
- I made rosemary and garlic bread with fresh rosemary from the garden.
- Having made your selection then go back to the salad bar which has seasonal vegetables, freshly baked bread with butter and garlic bread.
- So while chips and garlic bread will be rationed to twice a week in Scottish schools, pupils will be enticed into dining halls which broadcast Sky television.
- While bread will be available every day, fatty garlic bread will be limited to twice a week.
- After our salads, we were brought plates of pasta with intricate seasonings and pieces of garlic bread on the side.
- My wife chose a more traditional plate of garlic bread with tomato, which was a very reasonable £2.20 and cooked to perfection.
- Spread on bread and toast for garlic bread, or use in recipes.
- It was served on a bed of penne pasta combined with a tomato and basil sauce, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and accompanied by garlic bread.
- Steve had made spaghetti bolognese with meatballs, three different types of salad, garlic bread and plain old bread rolls.
- For starters, there were stonebaked garlic bread, bruschetta and tomato and mozzarella salad, at around the £3.50 mark.
- If you're having people to tea and want this to fill 4 people, use all the dough and serve it with some garlic bread.
- I am proud of my first attempt at real Italian cooking for the simple reason that it did not involve opening jars of ready-made sauce and popping garlic bread in the oven.
- The garlic bread was good too, though the side salad was another of the limp, disappointing offerings Lili had pushed aside with her starter.
- Top with fresh parsley and thyme, and serve with garlic bread.
- For a starter, we ordered one portion of garlic bread which was more than enough to share.
- If we have parties now, the food served is more substantial than a partially defrosted hunk of garlic bread.
- While you are waiting, a hot loaf of garlic bread and individual butter pats is supplied as well.
- Adding lemon to the usual garlic bread transports it to a new gastro-level; this and a generous use of herbs and butter, will make the best garlic bread under the sun.
- He, in true Italian style, chooses the spaghetti bolognaise with complimentary garlic bread.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.