In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto Santa Clara masculineknit 5cm of garter stitch — teja 5cm todo al derecho / en punto Santa Clara
- This Mohair Mystery was knit in garter stitch on size 17 needles with a decorative drop-stitch edge pattern.
- It is the first time I knit sleeves (remember, I'm the queen of the sleeveless top) and I think they turned out a tiny bit too long, but no worries, since they're done on garter stitch I can just turn the cuff around.
- The garter stitch will prevent the edge from rolling.
- We had a magical afternoon together and spent the rest of that summer mastering the garter stitch.
- What I really like is the garter stitch edging for the button band.
- If you don't know how to knit yourself, you can learn the garter stitch and be well on your way to knitting your first scarf in less than an hour.
- I'm thinking that my square will be a simple garter stitch with the word ‘love’ in stockinette.
- Increasing every 6th and 4th row makes a lot of sense and here's why: The sleeve stitch pattern is a 10 row pattern, comprising of 2 rows to form garter stitch, 1 row to form the eyelets, 3 rows garter stitch and 4 rows stocking stitch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.