In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine esponja informal
- In older gas guzzlers the mileage is reduced by as much as 30%.
- With gas prices real high, people aren't quite as interested in those big gas guzzlers anymore, and that could hurt GM even more down the road.
- As local punters are not beating down dealership doors to buy these gas guzzlers, Porsche is bringing a 3.2 litre V6 engine on stream as quickly as possible.
- Despite growing awareness of problems such as global warming and a willingness, expressed in many opinion polls, for a fuller range of mass-transit options, Americans are depending on their gas guzzlers more than ever.
- Drivers of gas guzzlers such as SUVs should stash away even more funds.
- Modern living not only required a chrome-plated gas guzzler, a washing machine, fridge/freezer and similar household appliances but also modern-looking living space.
- SUVs are big-time gas guzzlers, adding substantially to the problem of global warming, and it's killing our coral.
- I am heartened to see that cars like the Prius are becoming hip (perhaps the love affair with gas guzzlers is starting to decline).
- This is still the land of the gas guzzler and we were at cross purposes.
- For years we've been trying desperately to get people to buy more efficient cars, and one way of doing it is to tax gas guzzlers at a higher rate than hybrids and other fuel-efficient cars.
- It upsets some people because it's a big SUV and a gas guzzler.
- If there's a sport-utility vehicle or other gas guzzler in your life, consider replacing it with a gas-sipping model like the Toyota Prius or Honda Insight.
- In his view, promises of a hydrogen future are just an excuse for marketing more gas guzzlers today.
- ‘The hybrid Lexus is also an answer to those who complain that SUVs are gas guzzlers,’ he said.
- The usual proposal for getting people to buy more fuel efficient cars is either a tax on gasoline or a tax on gas guzzlers.
- Friends of the Earth recently analysed car adverts in national newspapers in the UK and discovered that the media are primarily promoting the least fuel-efficient gas guzzlers rather than smaller, greener cars.
- In the summer of 2002, the marginal buyers were pushing hard for the gas guzzlers.
- With the threat of climate change growing, who needs a gas guzzler that can travel at more than three times the speed limit?
- It also means mass transit, as well as things like government programs to buy up old gas guzzlers.
- While hybrids have carved out a trendy and growing niche, Americans show little sign of abandoning gas guzzlers, and margins on pickups can be double those for compacts such as the Civic.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.