In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gas-oil masculinegasóleo masculine
- The excise duties on petrol, gas oil and propane-butane will be changed again before 2007.
- Fractures were found on the decks of the 211-metre, Japanese-built ship carrying 56,000 tonnes of vacuum gas oil.
- The salvors would begin pumping 58 tons of heavy duty oil and 60 tons of gas oil from the 6500-ton heavy lift cargo ship tomorrow, he said.
- The gas oil is then fed into the boiler and burnt.
- Crime syndicates in the area were believed to be targeting vessels carrying valuable palm oil and gas oil.
- However, its fuel consumption was greater and it relied on gas oil and not fuel oil which is cheaper.
- These run their own refineries which are geared towards production of lighter products such as gas oil and petrol, rather than fuel oil.
- When used for heating and by residences, gas oil and kerosene will be subject to an excise duty of 50 leva for 1000 litres.
- All fuels are down except for the diesel fuel, Eurodiesel and gas oil.
- A decision on whether to remove the gas oil was due to be made after the surveyors completed their report.
- A spokesman said that would only occur if any of the substances, including kerosene, diesel, gas oil and gasoline, were to escape from the site.
- The 122-metre vessel was carrying 58 tons of heavy fuel, 60 tons of marine gas oil and 8 tons of lube oil.
- Hydrogen ions found within the channels attach themselves to the gas oil molecules and cause them to break, or crack, into smaller hydrocarbon molecules, including gasoline.
- Its licence was renewed in August permitting it to import 30,000 tonnes of gas oil a year.
- On Thursday, salvors started moving the marine gas oil into containers on the ship, then airlifting these by helicopter to shore, where it is decanted into a big roadside tanker.
- The coast guard said the semi-submersible, 5,000 tonne ship was carrying 250 tonnes of heavy fuel oil, 30 tonnes of gas oil and 11,000 litres of lubricant oil.
- The Belize-registered ship was carrying 1,950 tons of gas oil.
- If she is found to be sound, she will return to East London to discharge the rest of her gas oil and, if needed, be repaired in the drydock.
- Numerous explosions have been sighted on the abandoned ship, which was carrying some 1100 tons of fuel oil, 225 tons of gas oil as well as unspecified Class 3 hazardous cargo.
- Preferences will be available for industrial uses of certain fuels and gas oil will be marked to prevent abuses of the differentiated tax rates.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.