In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cotorra feminine informal
- I think we've seen the peak of the right wing gasbag monopoly.
- The gasbags were going on and on about how silly it was for him to get angry about a purported message in their new puppet movie in which they tell young people not to vote.
- The members passed an enormous tax cut in the teeth of a recession - taking us from surplus to deficit so quickly that not even the talk-radio gasbags could convincingly pin the blame on our all-weather scapegoat.
- Barely a word of conversation passed between us until both dishes were dispatched - quite a feat for two old gasbags.
- Or should we turn to the simplest explanation: that he's a gasbag who never intended to sue and just wanted to throw a scare at the journalists following his story?
- The point is, you can get political discussion and debate from all sides without ever even thinking about bloated gasbags like Bill or Al.
- He responded by calling him ‘a bombastic gasbag.’
- While it can be difficult to spot a gasbag before they get started, oftentimes you can pick up on subtle clues.
- Via Matt, I read this post by him on the Spanish elections and ensuing charges of ‘appeasement,’ by the hysterical gasbags on the right.
- And you can occasionally say, ‘Shut up you fatuous gasbag!’
- Either that or he is just a gasbag who has some neurotic need to articulate every half baked misfired synapse that passes through his cerebral cortex.
- First, he is a bullying semi-Catholic gasbag.
- A lot of prowar gasbags don't understand how truly serious things are.
- Who likes to hear a snobbish intellectual gasbag show off at a cocktail party?
- He is a big Texan gasbag, but at least he's a liberal-minded big Texan gasbag whom I tend to agree with a good 90 percent of the time.
- The context is that a pill popping fascist gasbag who popularized hatespin and character assassination is getting a taste of his own medicine.
- Have you ever noticed that the gasbags who go out of their way to defend him are the same people who argue that he should be fired?
- The realtor we used to buy our house is a bit of a gasbag, and no offense to realtors, but are any of them not?
- It would be nice to break the lock that these gasbags have on them but we shouldn't just pin our hopes on that alone.
- No answer was forthcoming, just the patended evasions of the typical west-hating anti-war gasbag.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.