In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Faucets usually leak because of old gaskets or 0-rings and corroded valve seats.
- Over time, moving metal parts can scrape off minute metal filings, rubber gaskets and hoses can deteriorate, and dust and other airborne particles can get into the system.
- Nitrile is used to make acrylic rubber for common gaskets, seals and nitrile / PVC rubber-combos for insulation.
- Potential uses for elastomeric products with the silver-based biocide include seals, gaskets, O-rings, casters, diaphragms, liners, and tubing.
- The materials can also replace controversial natural-rubber latex in tubing, catheters, connectors, seals, and gaskets.
- Check the door seals and gaskets periodically for air leakage.
- The bolts are torqued in a special sequence to draw the intake manifold and its molded rubber gasket on to the cylinder head.
- The rubber gaskets provide a firm seal, and are reusable anytime you need to take it apart.
- Place the rubber tank cushion (if one is needed) into position on the rear of the bowl and fit the rubber gasket onto the flush valve opening on the bottom of the tank.
- It's lined with rubber gaskets to protect the firearm.
- A seal is achieved with closed cell foam gaskets appressed to both surfaces of the leaf isolating a small area.
- Look for dried out rubber gaskets at plumbing vents.
- Petroleum distillates break down the rubber in the rubber gaskets around refrigerators and dishwashers.
- Carbon filled rubber O-rings and gaskets are widely used in contact with stainless steels in seawater.
- A rubber gasket was placed over the top window to seal the holes and to prevent the sample from leaking.
- In the past, asbestos has been widely used by South African companies to produce a wide range of products, including gaskets, seals, brake linings, roofing sheets, gutters and other building products, waste pipes and flower pots.
- Products on display included automotive rubber parts like oil seals, o-rings and gaskets, clutches and brakes and acid resisting bricks and mortars.
- Problems can be prevented with more frequent inspections and by beefing up bench stocks of seals and gaskets.
- A rubber gasket and galvanized washer and nut hold the pipe in place and seal the hole.
- The door to the battery is even sealed with a rubber gasket.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.