In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1técnico de la compañía del gas masculine
- She will, when ninety-five and expecting the gasman, get horribly nervous in case the boiler blows up.
- He was dressed as a gasman, the type of person people tend to forget.
- Police are warning residents to be on their guard after a caller posing as a gasman tried to con his way into a woman's home.
- In another scene a troupe of prospective gasmen were led up a mountain through the driving rain to an isolated farmhouse.
- Brown's father was a gasman with a great passion for natural gas.
- They always fail to mention that she attacked the gasman with a shovel.
- With a new jackman and gasman going over the wall, there has been inconsistency in the pits, which hasn't helped Gordon on some restarts.
- He has made sure his equipment is ready and has replaced the rear tire changer, gasman and catch can man on the pit crew.
- A council-contracted gasman downed tools and left the house when he found a syringe behind the fireplace he was repairing.
- Born the son of a Sheffield gasman, his early life has shaped his combative approach to politics.
- A Bingley gasman has beaten 5,000 others from around the country to scoop the title of British Gas engineer of the year.
- He plays all sorts of different characters from a manager to a doctor and a gasman - it's great fun.
- The pit crew practices with the same intensity it shows during races, but it has a new jack man and gasman going over the wall and it still must mesh better during pit stops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.