In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gasolina femininenafta feminine River Platebencina feminine Andes
- The national average for regular unleaded gasoline is now $1.70 a gallon and rising.
- Lead is used to increase the octane number of gasoline to lower its burning point and make it easier to burn.
- She also quickly blotted up the spilled gasoline with some paper towels and tossed them into the toilet.
- The engineer then described a gasoline tank truck that was not clearing the crossing ahead.
- Profit margins for dealers would be capped at 16 cents per gallon on regular unleaded gasoline.
- They have poured gasoline on a already raging fire.
- The machine features a 31-hp gasoline engine, coupled with a high-efficiency variable drive transmission.
- The 85-horsepower gasoline engine provides most of the power.
- Let's pour more gasoline on the fire.
- The bill calls for doubling the use of ethanol as a gasoline additive by 2012.
- The refinery is the nation's largest producer of gasoline, kerosene and other refined products.
- The mother had warned them that heat from the kitchen might ignite the gasoline in the fuel tank.
- A few years later, platforms were mandated to prevent pilot lights from igniting gasoline fumes.
- Never use gasoline in a kerosene heater because it can cause a fire or an explosion.
- Consumers are paying a national average of more than $3 a gallon for regular unleaded gasoline.
- He always came home tired from his job as a gasoline tanker truck driver.
- I could smell the gasoline leaking from the truck.
- Gasoline stations in the city were prohibited from selling leaded gasoline by the end of October 1998.
- Of these, 99.9 percent are powered by leaded gasoline and diesel fuel.
- I wrote a little script to calculate how many miles you save by buying cheaper gasoline.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.