- However, powers superior to me concluded that our very own gasometer did not qualify for preservation and celebration as the best of Britain's gas-holding heritage.
- The design takes its cue from redundant gasometer and gantry structures adjoining the site.
- The expired gas was measured in a wet gasometer.
- What could be better than, instead of tearing down its one remaining - and in aesthetic terms, extremely attractive - gasometer, to keep it, and supplement its worth by bringing other fine examples from across the UK to join it?
- In 1998 it was roundly condemned for giving a B-listing to the 100-year-old, 300 ft-high Granton gasometer on Edinburgh's seafront.