In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Inhibiting gastric acid is critical when managing active peptic ulcer bleeding that doesn't stop spontaneously.
- Cigarette smoking strongly predisposes to both duodenal ulcer and gastric cancer.
- The fourth pattern was diffuse, which involved all the gastric mucosa except the fundus.
- Multiple biopsies were taken from the esophagus as well as from the gastric lesion.
- In addition, gastric lavage can actually push the gastric contents beyond the pylorus, which enhances absorption.
- John researched the pathogenesis of gastric and duodenal ulcer disease.
- In 1979 he had a partial gastrectomy for benign gastric ulcers, followed by post gastrectomy anaemia.
- Peptic ulcer is the collective name for duodenal ulcers or gastric ulcers.
- Any process that interferes with gastric acid production can lead to this impairment.
- An ulcer in the stomach is called a gastric or stomach ulcer.
- Gastroscopy revealed several areas of gastric ulceration and one duodenal ulcer.
- The massive vomiting suggested gastric obstruction, but endoscopy showed the gastric outlet was patent.
- He described gastric mucosa extending into the tubular oesophagus as the result of a congenitally shortened oesophagus.
- Other infections are associated with normal or elevated gastric acidity, and may lead to duodenal ulcers.
- After surgery, gastric and colonic motility do not rebound as quickly as the small bowel.
- This process also allows for more rapid establishment of small bowel feeding tubes when gastric feeding fails.
- Both oesophageal and gastric factors affect the occurrence of reflux.
- Pain caused by a gastric ulcer is often made worse by eating.
- This leads to a more prolonged exposure of the esophageal mucosa to gastric fluid than normal.
- Oesophageal and gastric cancer are common diseases that pose considerable challenges to surgeons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.