In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All 8 of these samples with pancreatic acinar cells were from patients with autoimmune gastritis.
- Endoscopy revealed retained food in the stomach but no evidence of pyloric stenosis, gastritis, or peptic ulcer.
- In some people, it can hurt the stomach lining, leading to gastritis and ulcers.
- When the bacteria do cause symptoms, they're usually either symptoms of gastritis or peptic ulcer disease.
- Some people get gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) or high blood pressure because of drinking too much alcohol.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.