In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(action)cambio de marcha masculinecambio de velocidad masculine
- Overall, the driver does not feel underprivileged, and a sweet gear change combined with well-placed pedals certainly help.
- There's the same wrist-flicking gear change, but now it's six-speed.
- But even that was fighting to be appreciated above the sharp and heavy clutch, the choppy ride and the sloppy gear change.
- Paying extra for the top class six-speed automatic gearbox would be a very good idea, as the manual gear change is awkward in operation.
- There are no quibbles about the gear change, which is silky smooth in operation.
- The clutch is light, and the gear change is very easy too.
- As it should be in a sports car, the gear change is excellent and the lever exactly where you want it.
- A big disappointment is the gear change, which is very frustrating for drivers who want snappy overtaking.
- By shifting the motor to the rear, the gear change came out of the transmission on the ‘wrong’ side.
- Put the car in gear and you'll find the clutch pedal very light, while the gear change is just what you'd expect.
- However, the pedals are still offset to the left and the fascia-mounted gear change is as notchy as it ever was.
- The gear change belonged in a forklift truck, and let's not forget the interior design.
- The 2000 model was given an improved gear change and a reduced clutch lever span.
- The gear change, though, was slightly obstructive.
- The driving position is almost ideal and the placement of the pedals has clearly benefited from all that rally experience, as has the smoothness and swiftness of the gear change.
- On the upside, the gear change is of excellent quality, so it is not difficult to keep the engine in its best operating range.
- Thankfully, the gear change itself is excellent, but care must be taken to ensure that speed doesn't fall away on an uphill approach to a motorway, as you can find it difficult to fit into the passing traffic stream.
- However, the gear change is slow and requires deliberate effort.
- The gear change was a weird electro-pneumatic device and at the end of the 1935 year was still problematical.
- And good fun it is when the engine and gear change are such willing accomplices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.