In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palanca de cambio femininepalanca de velocidades feminine Mexico
- The invitation fell into a crevice between the gear shift and the seat.
- I doubt if they made another one, but it was certainly a well engineered little project - other than the gear shift.
- The bystanders jumped out of the way of the speeding Japanese machine as he pulled on the gear shift with a smooth control.
- Many cyclists don't understand the gear shift patterns.
- I would sit in his lap; he would run the gear shift, clutch, and brake.
- He had chosen it because it was an English car, so the steering wheel was on the right side; driving on the right side of the road would be confusing enough without having to deal with a gear shift on the wrong side of the wheel.
- It brings the same high level of quality, bank-vault body structure, feathery gear shifts and magic carpet ride of its predecessor and adds many improvements.
- The vehicle is available with a six-passenger configuration, which does away with the center console and puts the gear shift lever on the steering column.
- Instead of a foot-operated gear shift pedal it had a button on the handlebar.
- Initially, customers groused about a grinding gear shift, poor air-conditioning, and lousy tires.
- I'm sure the car absolutely surges along if you get the one that's fitted with a four-litre V8 petrol engine and a manual gear shift, but mine had the 2.5-litre diesel and was automatic.
- I jammed the gear shift into park and jumped out of the car, wiping my pants off.
- ‘If the car is supposed to cater to the needs of people who love adventure, why is the gear shift so close to the CD / cassette player, in between the beverage holder and ashtray,’ a friend said.
- If you offer gear shift knobs, steering wheels and other interior components in a variety of colors, you have to have the parts available in all the colors to make repairs.
- The gauges are laid out perfectly, and the seats are deep and the gear shift is high.
- It may take longer to learn to cope with a new kind of gear shift in my car, and I may have trouble discarding some of the old responses practiced daily over a number of years.
- It was remarkably straightforward in concept, a front-engined, rear-wheel-drive twin-seat sports car with a short-throw gear shift, long bonnet, short rear end and pop-up headlights.
- You move a cursor around the screen by turning a knob set between the seats, directly behind the gear shift, and enter commands by pushing down on the knob.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.