In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It takes approximately 30 seconds to apply the shaving gel and 5 to 7 minutes to shave.
- They can already produce moulded gel implants and are now looking for a hospital whose surgeons are unhappy with silicone implants.
- Possibly he has little complimentary sachets of shampoo and shower gel too.
- The gel can be rubbed onto chrome surfaces where it forms a robust, long-lasting soft film that is virtually colourless.
- I was wondering if you could possibly send me any information on your shower gel products.
- For this reason they are usually mixed with gel or paste products to keep them in contact with the sealer longer.
- I squeezed some shampoo gel onto my hands and rubbed them quickly together, making lather.
- Do not use irritating, perfumed soaps, shower gel or deodorants.
- Gently easing her back onto the comfortable bed she pulled up her top and watched as the cold gel was smothered onto her belly.
- If the mother produced only eggs, and not the additional protective coats or spacing gel, she could produce up to twice as many.
- I set him down on the counter and then grabbed my shave gel out of the medicine cabinet.
- The clear gel is a skin prep, shaving gel and aftershave lotion.
- Even so, I gasped when I felt the cool gel drizzle onto my back.
- But these warnings are not required on shampoo, shower gel or family bubble bath, all of which can legally contain four times as much formaldehyde.
- One particularly effective treatment for comedone acne is available as a cream, gel and lotion.
- The objecthood smeared out across the packed gel produces interference patterns, waves.
- In recent days, plenty of baby clothes, diaper-rash ointment, teething gel and strollers have arrived, along with a lot of small checks.
- The gel was applied onto the skin with use of the fingers to apply a slight massage.
- I also discovered that my nails will be ruined, as they have glued the extensions directly on to them, rather than onto a layer of gel.
- Amy tilted up his face and soothed the cool gel onto his cheekbones with her fingertips.
intransitive verbgelling, gelled
- The effect is termed ‘gelatinization’, but has nothing to do with gelatin, which gels similarly but is a protein.
- The water jells, almost, with vegetation, so that light winds no longer leave a mark.
intransitive verbgelling, gelled
- It was really in this season that the show as a whole began to gel as something more than just a collection of sketches.
- Her routine on meeting Phil and Liz earlier this year is honest, self-deprecating and dry; tales of her unsuitable potty mouth at parties work well, and her take on religious guilt gels perfectly.
- There's even a skittish garage interlude, and it's remarkable how well the crammed, clipped two-step percussion gels with the harpsichord-augmented musical milieu.
- It all gels, and the resulting story makes you feel invigorated.
- There are lots of good elements, yes, but they never quite gel into a convincing whole.
- Prompted by these complaints, the group's idea for a festival gelled and the planning began roughly one year ago.
- Despite three cast changes everybody gave a splendid performance and everything gelled except the scenery which caused them a few problems.
- It was an interesting collection of parts, and worth seeing, but didn't quite gel - what did not go too far seemed not to go far enough.
- As ideas begin to gel, I give students a size limitation, showing them the precut slabs of clay from which they will need to sculpt their character as well as a base.
- Like all the guests on our program today, she is also a practising Quaker, a faith that gels with her political ideas, and something she attributes to her family background.
- The incident was one of those moments when the idea of journalism really gelled in my mind.
- He is still a month shy of his 26th birthday, and they say in the game that only when experience gels with the physical ability and the know-how at mid-career do the strikers really find their rhythm.
- I was living in a hotel off of the Champs-Elysees and I would wake up in the middle of the night and eventually this idea gelled.
- Nothing really gelled in the manner of the 1960s Bond themes.
- It gels with the worldview of an optimist whose efforts are rewarded.
- The idea gelled and he went to work on the pilot script.
- As is often the case in change and cultures, it is at the frontiers of one civilisation that ideas mix and jell into new and innovative forms.
- I'll keep readers informed as the project begins to gel.
- At times it seems he isn't sure what he wants the film to be, and the comedy-thriller mixture doesn't quite gel.
- That will take time but when it does gel I think it will go well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.