In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caballo castrado masculine
- A record 5,110 horses - 2,668 colts, 2,440 fillies, and two geldings - are cataloged for the 14-day sale that runs through September 26.
- After all the mares and geldings were fixed, they headed to the show.
- I have two Quarter Horse geldings, one age 22, by his papers, and the other is about the same age, give or take a year or two.
- Equestrian purchases were prominent, and extra horses, especially geldings and palfreys, were obtained and equipped with pommels of gold and silver.
- A full field of two-year-old colts and geldings are entered for the 1 1/16-mile $100,000 Bourbon County Stakes on the turf on Friday.
- He completed the six furlongs on a good course in 1: 11.23 in the race for colts and geldings.
- Jane tried to avoid him as she said goodbye to the other geldings.
- The total number of horses - 2,668 colts, 2,440 fillies, and two geldings - is 219 more than last year's previous record of 4,891.
- They comprised geldings and nags, sumpter horses, teams for coaches, the close carr, the litter and three carts, as well as some hired post horses.
- Emaciated horses of mixed light breeds (8 mares, 5 geldings, and 1 stallion) and unknown histories were purchased in Mexicali, Mexico or Albuquerque, New Mexico by a commercial buyer.
- Of these, 33 were geldings, 1 was a stallion and the remainder were mares or fillies.
- A larger space is needed between stallions and other pastures used by geldings and other horses.
- This class is for mares or geldings, four years old and over, exceeding 158 cm.
- His horse was one of the geldings he had noticed during his previous inspection of the barn.
- The card is highlighted by a pair of stakes of $75,000 stakes for older fillies and mares and for older colts and geldings.
- Although ranch-broke geldings are the highlight of the sale, we also offer yearlings, weanlings and a select number of started two year olds.
- A record 40 juvenile colts and geldings purchased from sales from around the world have been cataloged for the event that will be conducted by Keeneland Association.
- Interestingly, arginine-induced insulin release occurred more consistently in mares than in geldings and stallions.
- The study group of horses was comprised of 8 horses, four Thoroughbreds and four Warmbloods, of which five were geldings and three were mares.
- But all thoroughbred geldings are signifiers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.