In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
2(person)Géminis masculinegéminis femininegeminiano masculinegeminiana femininesee also Aquarius
- Do you have a Gemini chatterbox or a Scorpio sulker on your hands?
- Miscommunication is easy under the influence of the talkative signs of Gemini and Sagittarius.
- When I mentioned my theory to her, she told me that she was supposed to have been born a Gemini, but was premature and ended up being a Pisces.
- He was a Gemini, the sign of the twins, and a superstitious one.
- If you are a Gemini, for instance, you will probably have many of the traits common to all Geminis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.