phrasal verbgenned, genning
1(learn)informarseto gen up about / on sth — informarse sobre algo
- I've never built one, but I know someone who has and I'm reasonably well genned up on them.
- Smith has been genning up on her kung fu moves and Dundee's martial arts community is already booking in numbers.
- In preparation for today he has been genning up on repeats.
- Admit it: genning up about your holiday before you go is half the fun.
- Not only is it a chance to gen up on language skills, it is a fabulous opportunity to make friends abroad and travel in Europe.
- You should also be punctual and have genned up on the organisation you are being interviewed for.
- Businesses are failing to capture essential evidence from their computer systems, according to a UK industry group which has published a new set of guidelines designed to help firms gen up on computer forensics.
- Obviously, we genned up on the agencies that had done the work.
- One minute you're all genned up on the digestion of proteins, then you're writing about the beauty of Mozart's operas.
- To gen up on skin rejuvenating peels, don't miss the event at Harvey Nichols, Edinburgh, on Tuesday, and London on Friday.
- With a good hour to kill each way, it's time to gen up on the world around me.
2(inform)to gen sb up about / on sth — poner a algn al corriente / al tanto de algo
- I was hoping I might get a reply from someone who had used a cheaper one and could gen me up on it.
- Anyway I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at some stage soon although Jon will have to be my mentor and gen me up on this car.
- This gave them the opportunity to gen me up on the band and their inspired brand of music.
- We're not exactly genned up on how it all works but when you combine hot weather, big hills and huge expanses of water, then it all adds up to a windsurfer's paradise.
- Any information or links to gen me up would be much appreciated.
- Working under Gough and his assistant proved an attraction for a tenacious performer whose Scottish father Michael genned him up on the pair's pedigree.