In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gen masculinegene masculinehe's very stubborn — it's in the genes — es muy tozudo — es de familia
- before noun gene bank — banco genético
- gene mutation — mutación genética
- gene splicing — acoplamiento de genes
- Each of these species contains opsin genes which are not expressed in the adult retina.
- The child will be a carrier of the trait if only one gene from the parents is transmitted.
- The accessory gland protein-coding genes were isolated in such a way that favors overrepresentation of highly expressed genes.
- In other mollusks a relatively small number of mitochondrial genes are transcribed from the second strand.
- The condition is rare and is caused by the inheritance of an abnormal gene from an affected parent.
- If your genes code for grey hair at a later time, you will become grey as you get older.
- Proteins encoded by the abnormal genes are then identified and their interactions studied by pathway analyses and probable functions deduced.
- The new analysis confirmed the existence of 1,098 protein-coding genes on the X chromosome.
- Karma helps to imprint a code on the soul, similar to the genetic code on the genes.
- Nowadays, the phrase is extended to mean the ability to pass on one's genes to one's offspring.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.