In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cloth/tool) para todo uso(dictionary) de uso general
- In other words, general-purpose technology can be used for general purposes - good and ill.
- There are 16 general-purpose dogs, six drug dogs, four dogs trained to sniff out explosives, four to track down firearms and a passive drug dog, which screens people for drugs.
- As currently drafted, he believes that would include general-purpose computers.
- There are lots of other possible outcomes, like serious damage to the rights to build general-purpose tools and so on, which I'm very concerned about.
- An appliance is a device that provides a limited, well-defined function as compared to a general-purpose computer that can provide any function.
- He has drawn misleading analogies about how the mind might be like a computer or a general-purpose learning device.
- Last June, an extension was built on to the new 33-student school, providing an office, kitchen, general-purpose room and an extra classroom.
- Up to 1884, the Old Bailey was a general-purpose criminal court for London and Middlesex.
- In fairness, it's important to stress that general-purpose processors were designed for application-related computing.
- They make up the profitable majority of the 144 million Americans who have general-purpose credit cards.
- Solutions might include expanding into cabins or general-purpose areas to isolate sick campers from their healthy cabin mates.
- Look around and you'll find general-purpose buckets as well as buckets made specifically for digging dirt or sand or rock, cleaning ditches, or grading slopes.
- The prototype release includes a set of sample security policy configuration files designed to meet common, general-purpose security goals.
- Some claim to be tools for safeguarding the public's privacy; others maintain that they add functionality to general-purpose hardware.
- Almost all programs use general-purpose function libraries that come with compilers.
- That is not to say general-purpose functionality and real-time determinism cannot be achieved simultaneously.
- That means that we'll have a law that will require an entire class of general-purpose technologies to use only obfuscated, closed-source drivers.
- Your experience is certainly true for the large, general-purpose hospitals.
- Here, we present a general-purpose scheme that may be used as basic toolbox for straight-forward implementations of card games.
- More and more, as the house gets closer to being ready to market, I'm having to subordinate my own activities and time to those of a general-purpose gofer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.