In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estado mayor masculine
- The general staffs of any nation that were intensively preparing for war could not foresee shortly before the war the need for such a method of supporting it.
- In his capacity as Commander in Chief, he met the general staff and was briefed on changes to the country's military doctrine.
- Officials of the general staff of the army, however, strongly objected to these allegations.
- The creation of these three administrative commands allowed Marshall, the army's chief of staff, and his general staff to control operations and plans.
- Born in Fyresdal, the son of a Lutheran pastor, he had a brilliant early career in the army and became a general staff officer by the age of 24.
- ‘One hears the distant rustle of military plans and feasibility studies by general staffs across the globe being torn up and dropped into the dustbin of history,’ continued Kennedy.
- He told the senior air instructors his dream was to become chief of the general staff and that some day he would move divisions and brigades across the field of battle.
- The purpose of the new structure was to end the confusion over whether the defense minister or the chief of the general staff was the real leader of the military.
- General, you're one of the most decorated general staff members in the country's military history.
- In the past, the chief of the general staff was the most powerful man in the military, but that situation will now change.
- After 1871, the German system of mass peacetime conscription and a general staff to plan future wars based on railway deployment was copied throughout Europe.
- These activities led to his transfer out of the general staff: when war broke out, he was quartermaster in chief of the 2nd Army in the west.
- In an inauguration ceremony for the exercises, the commanders of the general staffs of Russia and China laid wreaths at a World War II memorial.
- The furious soldiers threw off their allegiance to the general staff, and placed themselves at the disposal of the Military Revolutionary Committee.
- It was simply that the political situation went out of control, and the war began to follow its own logic, producing so many unexpected twists and turns that baffled the collective brain power of the smartest of general staffs.
- The general staff of a first-class power writes army manuals.
- Consciousness must be institutionalized in the party, which should function as the command center or general staff of the revolution.
- That hardly sounds like a can-do answer from the general staff at the Pentagon.
- Promoted to the general staff of the Austrian Army in 1809, he led the conquests of Croatia, Istria and the Po region.
- The new military command structure places the defense minister above the chief of the general staff as the leader of the military.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.