In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impronta genética feminine
- In the phenomenon called genetic imprinting, a chromosome such as the X chromosome can be altered depending on whether it was passed on from one's mother or from one's father.
- His latest research suggests that genetic imprinting might be compromised by the freezing process.
- My interest in genetic imprinting began while I was completing my doctorate at Macquarie University in Sydney.
- Maintenance of a constant expression profile in a population exhibiting genetic imprinting will be most effective if the organism has a mechanism to reverse any imprint in the subsequent generation.
- He said genetic imprinting meant fish from Miller Beck returned there in later life to spawn.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.