In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The latter group includes tissues lining the airways; the alimentary canal and its associated organs and glands; and the genito-urinary system.
- Testing is usually carried out at the genito-urinary medicine clinic of a local hospital, where sexually transmitted infections are diagnosed and treated.
- Stress, surgery, illness and genito-urinary infection will contribute to infertility.
- We welcome the extra money for genito-urinary medicine services announced by the Government today but it's vital that it directly reaches these hard-pressed front-line services.
- It is also used as a genito-urinary antiseptic, increasing urine output and relieving cystitis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.