In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To determine the haplotypes of an individual, the genotypes of both parents may be required.
- What evidence to you have that the genotype of such organisms has not evolved?
- Phenotypic plasticity enables individuals or genotypes to assume obviously different phenotypes during the life cycle.
- If a hypolipidaemic drug were found to be effective in only one genetic subgroup the genotypes would be of more interest.
- These strains offer the genetic reproducibility that is so valuable in lab mice, but with a wider variety of genotypes and phenotypes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.