In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is a critical function that for me is missing from the more urban genres of music.
- Look beyond boundaries and such artificial barriers as nations, styles, and genres.
- By the late '80s I'd dare say that the whole slasher film genre had pretty much burned itself out.
- Yet research can apply to all creative genres and so we should develop a more inclusive term.
- I suspect that more modern audiences accustomed to the literary fantasy genre would be more accepting.
- Coetzee is capable of handling different genres with an enviable degree of felicity.
- He was a pioneer in various genres including satire, literary criticism, and drama.
- All in all, I picked up ten magazines representing a wide base of styles and genres.
- The children's literature course focuses heavily on the different literary genres.
- Women also bring to poetry or other genres of literature a whole new area of experience and vision.
- I will also write about the genre of the literature involved and how we understand it.
- Every few years, there is a resurgence of particular genres in the music industry.
- Now a major new documentary explores how the genre has developed over the years.
- Time will tell if this talented director wishes to reinvigorate and reinvent the horror genre further than this.
- Among the genres to become established north and south of the Alps was portrait painting.
- He amassed important examples that hint at diverse tastes for classic genres.
- Publishers, as with other purveyors of ideas, like their categories, their genres.
- Not just local music but all genres of music are played on our national instrument.
- Although my undoubted favourite music genre is punk, I do also have a country streak.
- Today, there are many artists out there trying to combine the different genres of music in the world.
2also genre paintingpintura de género feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.