- Aristotle's geocentric astronomy, which attaches the heavenly bodies to a series of concentric spheres, was not his own creation.
- Why did the heliocentric astronomical paradigm replace the geocentric one?
- The heliocentric system opens up the possibility of aspect patterns that could never happen in the geocentric system - such as Venus in major aspect to the Sun.
- Moreover, in geocentric astronomy there was no way of using observations to find the relative sizes of the planetary orbs; they were simply assumed to be in contact.
- Can you envisage how concerned you'd become if your satellite TV company started planning its coverage using a geocentric system of astronomy based on the use of Ptolemy's epicycles?