In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Simson also made many discoveries of his own in geometry and the Simson line is named after him.
- By spherical geometry, we mean geometry on the surface of a sphere, where the great circles are taken as lines.
- As analysis began to mix inextricably with geometry and the other branches of mathematics, the curiosities multiplied.
- Mill only deals with geometry, arithmetic, and some algebra, not the branches of higher mathematics.
- At this point the Greeks gave up algebra and turned to geometry.
- Low-income students who took algebra and geometry were almost three times as likely to attend college as those who did not.
- It was a revolutionary move away from the Greek concept of mathematics which was essentially geometry.
- Speculative geometry contains elementary geometry which is not all based on Euclid.
- He clearly was trying to argue against the notions current at the time on using algebra to study geometry.
- You can still access the underlying curve and surface geometry that makes up the solid.
- A notable feature of advanced mathematics is that much of it is concerned with geometry in more than three dimensions.
- He goes on to consider solid geometry giving results on prisms, cylinders, and spheres.
- This requires at least some understanding of spherical geometry and trigonometry.
- The computer programs implement basic mathematical principles such as basic geometry and fractional math.
- Most of the features for surfaces appearing in this book are closely related to topological geometry.
- He was always full of mathematical ideas, not only on game theory, but in geometry and topology as well.
- Galileo's idea was to overcome this subjectivity and relativity by applying pure geometry and the mathematics of the pure form of space-time to nature.
- His writings on geometry included several important papers on parallel curves and surfaces.
- He worked on the borderline between geometry and set theory, both of which are kind of nineteenth century.
- Let us first comment on the three volume work, which was the biggest treatise ever to be written on line geometry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.