- There are a number of different groundwater systems in Australia that produce dryland salinity and these operate according to local geological and geomorphic conditions.
- The massive scale of California's dominant geomorphic feature, covering several climatic zones, would seem to defy attempts at anything more than such a cursory examination.
- Many ecological and geomorphic processes in high mountains are influenced by changes in precipitation and temperature.
- Under conditions of long-lasting climatic and geomorphic stability ecosystem complexity evolves in a non-monotonous way with the nutrient status of soil.
- We were able to find several different geomorphic signatures, what the features look like, and if they have frozen beds of snow, sand and ice in them.