In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are a number of different groundwater systems in Australia that produce dryland salinity and these operate according to local geological and geomorphic conditions.
- The massive scale of California's dominant geomorphic feature, covering several climatic zones, would seem to defy attempts at anything more than such a cursory examination.
- Many ecological and geomorphic processes in high mountains are influenced by changes in precipitation and temperature.
- Under conditions of long-lasting climatic and geomorphic stability ecosystem complexity evolves in a non-monotonous way with the nutrient status of soil.
- We were able to find several different geomorphic signatures, what the features look like, and if they have frozen beds of snow, sand and ice in them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.