- He met the Director of the Pennsylvania Geological Survey, a prominent geologist with a special interest in fluvial geomorphology.
- The Zagros is an example of a young and active orogenic belt where geomorphology and seismicity provide invaluable constraints on the style of deformation, in ways not possible with ancient, inactive orogens.
- The western tip of the South Alkyonides Fault is exposed in the surface geology and geomorphology of the Perachora Peninsula.
- Morphotectonics requires input from at least three branches of Earth science: geophysics, geology, and geomorphology.
- Professional geologists and amateur rock hunters flocked to the White Mountains, regarded as a superb site for the study of geomorphology.