In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1geociencias femininegeociencia feminine
- ‘The geological structure is very fragile after the September 21 earthquake,’ said Liu Tsung-kuei, a professor of geosciences at the National Taiwan University.
- Whether helping to ensure our health, secure our heritage, enhance our wealth, or to augment our security, the geosciences affect all aspects of our lives.
- His tragic and untimely death cut short a remarkable record of achievement in geology, in public service, and in visionary leadership of Canadian and international geoscience.
- Of course, increased funding would allow more supporting geoscience and hence assure broader buy-in from a wider spectrum of disciplines.
- A degree in geoscience provides an ideal background for a science journalist.
- Our journals were among the first in the geosciences to be made available electronically, but we should continue to publish in paper for as long as we can.
- The former chancellor of the University of Massachusetts has set up a fund on that campus for minority students in the geosciences.
- It is the most comprehensive database in the geosciences and continues to grow by more than sixty thousand references a year.
- ‘The perspective of the church is clearly changed since those times,’ said the professor of planetary geoscience at Brown University.
- ‘We had the system working just in time for the largest lava dome collapse ever seen anywhere,’ says the professor of geosciences at Penn State.
- To catch up, the federal government needs to boost exploration tax incentives and increase its investment in geosciences, which also has been neglected.
- By providing key references for the broader history of science and of Canada, he enables those interested to place the contribution of geoscience into a broader context.
- Application areas of expertise and interest include the geosciences, fluid dynamics, medicine, bio-informatics, and human cognitive processes.
- Concern was expressed that this needed regional geoscience is lacking over most of Canada, while geological survey activity is being curtailed.
- It also needs to be engaged with and supportive of the geosciences.
- He is a professor of marine geoscience at the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
- A regional approach to public geoscience will reflect our geology, and will encourage sharing of expertise among geological surveys, universities, and industry.
- Terry is a professor of geosciences at the University of Arizona and also curator of the Department of Geosciences Mineral Museum.
- Check out the climate data at weather stations around the world, or bone up on potential careers in geoscience.
- He is a professor in the department of geosciences at the University of Rhode Island.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.