In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicine(patient) anciano(ward) de geriatríageriatric home — hogar de ancianos masculine
- Annual in-home geriatric assessment with quarterly visits by geriatric nurses also delays disability in persons without impairment.
- She completed a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in geriatric medicine at the Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
- Primary care physicians must be diligent in assessing the immunization status of geriatric patients and providing the recommended vaccines.
- Several factors, such as the input of geriatricians and good communication between members of the multidisciplinary geriatric team, led to better use of medicines.
- Indeed, many aspects of preventing and managing infection in nursing homes embrace good geriatric medicine.
- The rapidly expanding group of older nephrology patients is a positive reflection of recent developments in medical care and offers an opportunity to establish links between nephrology and geriatric medicine.
- Before this he had started as a clinical assistant in the geriatric department at Paignton Hospital.
- An ongoing evaluation of effectiveness requires reassessment at regular intervals to rethink medication regimens in light of changes in the health status of geriatric patients.
- How can standards in geriatric health care be raised?
- Health maintenance of geriatric patients is an integral part of daily medical practice for most family physicians.
- He is attending physician in internal medicine and geriatric medicine at St. Luke's Hospital.
- Using an organized approach to the varied aspects of geriatric health, primary care physicians can improve the care that they provide for their older patients.
- The 14 geriatric hospitals included 18 buildings that housed 36 nursing departments.
- Some were community dwelling ambulatory patients attending a health clinic and others were inpatients on a geriatric ward.
- Compared with these school environments, the indoor climates at our geriatric hospitals were characterized by higher room temperatures and lower relative humidity.
- Max's main studies related to the organisation of primary health services and geriatric healthcare delivery in Israel and he was committed to medical education.
- Governments cannot pay for all feasible geriatric health care.
- We compared the quality of the current rehabilitation scheme in local hospitals with intensive rehabilitation in a geriatric hospital ward.
- The nurses at the geriatric hospital kindly shared his care with the family.
- Potential members of the study were identified at 22 community-based health care centers with geriatric long-stay facilities.
2humorouscarcamal informalyou're 35? that's positively geriatric! — ¿tienes 35? ¡qué vejestorio! humorous
- Like the Sea Kings, the Sikorsky Cyclones chosen on July 23 to replace Canada's geriatric fleet of Sea Kings rely on two engines.
1vejestorio masculine informalcarcamal masculine informal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.