In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ‘Every hand movement, gesticulation or walking movement can be felt to be provocative,’ he said.
- The judge was characteristically intense, frequently shifting to the edge of his seat and punctuating his thoughts with brisk gesticulations.
- In most bands, the members need constant eye contact and body gesticulations in order to communicate musically.
- I know I do tend to move a little, largely because I naturally tend to use gesticulation and body language to emphasize what I'm talking about.
- In fact, many of the details were provided to the police implicitly by the male complainant through his physical motions and gesticulations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.