In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tren fantasma masculinetren de la bruja masculine Spain
- It has all the emotional ups and downs of a rollercoaster, the sweetest of pleasures, and all the scares of a ghost train.
- There are also gentler rides, including the original ghost train and a tunnel of love.
- Only two bingo stalls, two arcades, the ghost train and the dodgems remained open.
- It is like getting on a rollercoaster or a ghost train or going to see a horror movie.
- You would not believe how many years it took me to get up the courage to go on the ghost train at the show.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.