In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Rugby's capacity for throwing up cup giant-killers is notoriously rare.
- It was giant-killers to giants in just four days for Livingston, and after six minutes they could well have been slain.
- But although these clubs play in a higher level than the rest, there is absolutely no guarantee that the lower sides will not become giant-killers.
- Three successive wins are pointers to a new era and have transformed the youngsters into giant-killers.
- Many refer to him as the sport's new giant-killer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.