In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1slalom gigante masculine
- But I wasn't trying to win more slaloms and giant slaloms, I was trying to win as many as I could - period.
- In the giant slalom she recorded the fastest time of the first run and the third-fastest of the second to win gold by 46 hundredths of a second.
- At the start of the last race, the giant slalom, I was tired and didn't want to ski any more.
- Last year I was really frustrated in the giant slalom and almost gave it up.
- I see slalom and giant slalom as a lot of hard work.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.