In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1how am I expected to understand this gibberish? — ¿cómo quieres que entienda este galimatías?
- his mind has gone: he only speaks gibberish — está totalmente ido, dice cosas absolutamente incoherentes
- to talk gibberish — decir sandeces
- How much longer have we got to endure glib stupidity and bluster passing as ‘moral clarity’ or some such gibberish?
- Thus the actual idea behind what they were doing was lost and what remained was mindless gibberish in an alien language.
- He burst into hysterical tears of confusion, speaking a line of nonsensical gibberish.
- Why do parties insist on meaningless gibberish as conference slogans?
- I think that I've been talking gibberish for approximately the past twelve hours.
- A strangely high proportion of the spam I receive is written in gibberish.
- There was this chap I used to work with many years ago, who used to talk the most incomprehensible gibberish with tremendous enthusiasm.
- Who speaks the most gibberish, the worst jargon, the most twisted English and the biggest pile of gobbledegook?
- Given the choice of English or gibberish, financial firms choose to spout utter nonsense!
- The ending really is one where you stare at the TV for about 5 minutes after its over and mutter gibberish.
- If you've not read the books and this sounds like gibberish, don't worry.
- The kind of lesson the inspectors would enjoy would be for the teacher to sit in silence while the students talk gibberish to each other.
- Then he noticed Andrew acting strangely, grinning and waving, talking gibberish to himself and fidgeting.
- The one thing that they had in common was that they all spoke gibberish.
- I always suspected David was prone to moments of gibberish.
- It was just none of them wanted to be around the parents and their nonsense gibberish.
- And cue the most incomprehensible stream of gibberish ever to pour forth from a human being's mouth.
- He appeared to be talking gibberish about fridges and freezers.
- Sleep talking can range from a word or two of gibberish, to an entire speech.
- At first the monkeys were intrigued with the computers and typed all sorts of stuff, even though it was meaningless gibberish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.