In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(scientist/playwright/person) de talento(playwright/scientist/person) talentosoa very gifted young woman — una joven de gran talento
- she is gifted with patience — tiene el don de la paciencia
- gifted children — niños superdotados
- It seems normal to them that their city is a magnet for talented musicians, gifted filmmakers, brilliant financiers.
- A gifted musician who is adept at playing just about every instrument, Austin first began playing music at the age of 7.
- The second was entirely due to the confidence and ability of the gifted Italian striker.
- The days of lion tamers and dancing elephants seem to be well and truly gone, and the stars of the modern circus seem to be the weird and wonderful talents of gifted human beings.
- You are a gifted artist or musician (though your talents may be dormant right now).
- He was also a gifted poet and musician and spent the latter part of his life writing poems about the everyday affairs of the area and its people.
- They are able to identify those who are gifted and talented at a very young age and help their development, using coaches to move them forward.
- Not surprisingly, Chloe is a gifted musician, studying piano, guitar and recorder, as well as being an accomplished singer.
- She was a gifted musician, her speciality was the traditional tin whistle.
- A gifted, natural athlete who can be on top of this game for 10 to 12 years.
- It is a chance for the gifted ones to display their natural talents.
- But like America, it is learning to tap the talents of ambitious and gifted people from abroad.
- A gifted natural, Gerry got into the trade shortly afterwards and quickly developed his current rep as one of the top locksmiths in town.
- To boot, he is a gifted writer, a natural wit and a passionate defender of liberal values.
- The superbly talented lady is a gifted songwriter and performer and possesses one of the most instantly recognisable voices in country music.
- For the most able children, the existing programme for gifted and talented youngsters will be extended to infants so their potential can be stretched.
- I remember in particular one extremely talented girl - a gifted elocutionist and actor.
- We had arrived the day before New Year's Eve, and that evening, one of our number, a gifted amateur chef, prepared an elaborate meal.
- In addition to their academic abilities, brother and sister are both gifted musicians.
- He is undoubtedly a talented satirist, a gifted writer, and has a pleasantly English sense of humour.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.