In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That's a 720 gigaflop micro-supercomputer that costs less than $9,000, can fit on a bookshelf, and can be up and running in as little time as it takes to connect the network cables.
- It also lets you stack 42 high-performance units in an industry-standard 8-foot-tall rack with up to 630 gigaflops of processing power.
- All it means is that the source of competitive advantage from technology is not in terabytes or gigaflops any more.
- He said the latest terascale supercomputing system has several hundred gigaflops of sustained power on internationally accepted benchmarks and storage of over 10 terabytes.
- One looked especially juicy, compressed to just under a gigaflop and backed up in three separate locations.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.