- More than 40 new curators have been taken on, with experts in everything from Chinese painting to metalwork, taxidermy, armoury and gilding.
- The project, from the cutting of a thick strip of solid silver bullion to the final gilding, took almost five months to complete.
- With this in mind she was determined to completely remove all dirt and corrosion from the domes before the gilding began and pioneered a method to do so.
- The skills he acquired from Arthur would later become apparent, particularly in his gilding on glass.
- The dome restoration was made possible by two private gifts that funded all of the gold leaf used in the gilding as well as other parts of the restoration.
- Gold leaf used in gilding is made in much the same way.
- One way of gilding gingerbread was to paint it with egg white when hot and dab on the gold.
- His skill in applying color and gilding is remarkable, considering that the twenty-year-old had not completed a normal term of apprenticeship.
- It was like a step-by-step gilding demonstration straight from a Renaissance painting.
- As he found much was still in the developmental stage here, it gave him the welcome opportunity to try out some of his copied recipes for gilding and color-making.