1(gilded)(paper/book) de bordes dorados
- Small black-and-white photos accent walls dominated by two gilt-edged mirrors.
- All around them were gilt-edged chairs and tables, cushioned with soft red and black velvet.
- The wedding bill will include gilt-edged invites, $300,000 floral displays and a 10-tier cake costing $10,000.
- The letters, often with the envelope, were carefully mounted on 12 gilt-edged leaves.
- Embroidery lay abandoned on a round table along with a book, three gilt-edged porcelain cups still containing tea, and a teapot.
2Financea gilt-edged investment — una inversión de bajo riesgo
- gilt-edged securities — valores de primer orden / de primera clase
- Her personal income, from a minimum $450 million in gilt-edged assets, is not disclosed.
- But there is another outcome that some in the market cannot discount, and which has caused the recent flurry of interest in inflation-linked gilt-edged stock.
- Every investment, be it the bluest chip or the most gilt-edged government bond, carries some element of risk.
- Even the largest gilt-edged issues were only a quarter of this size.
- This means more investment in long-dated gilt-edged stock for the greater certainty of returns, and less in volatile equities.