1(tool)barrena femininebefore noun she fixed him with a gimlet eye — lo taladró con la mirada
- At a later date, a special steel gimlet was sometimes provided to penetrate the more modern tin cap in situ.
- After insertion to the shoulder, the gimlet would be unscrewed a few turns to allow the liquid to flow out, then screwed back into the barrel to stop the flow.
- The three small lead weights, a long chalk line reel, and two ash handles thought to be gimlets (small boring tools) are the only objects associated with carpentry that were found in the chest.
2(cocktail)cóctel de ginebra o vodka con lima
- The lawyer always drank three vodka gimlets on the way to Chicago and three scotch and sodas returning to New York.
- ‘Sometimes I feel like I'm trapped in my past,’ said Sarah, buzzing from her gin gimlet.
- We sat at the bar, and the guy behind it knew April by name, and gave her the usual, a vodka gimlet.
- I would especially recommend the mojito and the vodka gimlet - delicious!
- The next afternoon, my father was sipping gimlets and preparing an extravagant meal for the four of us to share around the glass dining table.