In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Six to one is a good majority; gimme my clothes.
- Look though, if you ever need to talk, just gimme a call, alright?
- I'll pick up my cable when you're through with it if you'll gimme a call.
- Liv laughed, ‘now, can you gimme a lift home so I can have Mikey get the stuff before he goes out tonight.’
- As much as I hate to fight losers, they don't gimme a choice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.